Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold :: Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city :: New Saudi envoy reveals aid to Yemen as kingdom warns of threats :: Houthi militants committed 52 violations against media in month, Foundation says :: At least 20 Houthis killed in clashes, car bomb in AQAP stronghold :: Yemenis give Houthi militants 48 hours to leave port city of Hodeida :: Battles between tribes, Houthi militants erupt in central Yemen :: Fierce battles between AQAP, Houthi militants continue in Yemen :: Militants smoothly expand presence in Yemen :: Military officer shot dead in first targeted killing after fall of capital to militants ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
BUSINESS
Last updated: 12:18:43 AM GMT(+03) Monday, 18, February, 2013
 
 

Yemen Earmarks $5.367 Billion in Foreign Aid, Signs Agreements on $1.6 Billion

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Yemen’s executive body on accelerated absorption of foreign aid said on Monday the government has earmarked $5.367 billion out of a total of $8 billion pledged by donors last year, the state news agency Saba reported.
The earmarked sum represented about 67.8 percent of the total pledges and included $1 billion which Saudi Arabia put as a deposit in the central bank of Yemen last year. The Saudi kingdom pledged $3.25 billion in aid to Yemen last year.
The government has also signed agreements with donors for about $1.6 billion out of the earmarked sum, the agency said, adding that some aid pledges of those made at the 2006 donor conference have been reassigned and others considered as new aid pledges.
The body held a meeting chaired by prime minister Muhammad Basindwa that discussed progress on assigning foreign aid and difficulties facing the process, Saba said.
The meeting discussed a report on the issue which said that among the problems facing earmarking foreign aid is that some donors have either delayed their pledges or assigned pledges for projects that were not included in the transitional program for stabilization and development 2012-2014.
The program was prepared last year by the planning and international cooperation ministry in coordination with by the EU, the UN, the WB and the Islamic development bank as a reference to assign and channel the foreign aid.
The report included proposals to be submitted to the meeting of Yemen’s Friends which will be held in London early next month.
The aid pledges were made at two meetings in Saudi Arabia and the US in 2012 as part of the international community’s commitment toward Yemen’s power transition under a deal reached after the unrest.
 

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE BUSINESS
 
IMF gives Yemen $73.8 million in first amount of three-year loan
Press Release: Yemen LNG confirms that it is fully operational
Yemen approves new fuel price as from tonight
Yemen, GDF Suez in talks to improve 2015's LNG price
WB gives Yemen $3 million to develop higher education quality
Attacks on crude pipes blamed for continued drop in Yemen oil revenue
Yemen LNG announces winners of 2014 scholarship program; 20 new scholarships to France for 2015
Yemen Takes Candian Nexen to Court
Total E&P Yemen Sponsors Aman Awareness Campaign
Yemen to start operation of Marib II Plant in December
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold
 Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city
 New Saudi envoy reveals aid to Yemen as kingdom warns of threats
 Houthi militants committed 52 violations against media in month, Foundation says
 At least 20 Houthis killed in clashes, car bomb in AQAP stronghold
 Yemenis give Houthi militants 48 hours to leave port city of Hodeida
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink