Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture By 2015, closed door meetings for Yemen President Abdurabu Hadi will be limited.... Foreign embassy searches not ruled out....Foreign censorship halted..... Yemenis linked with foreign intelligence hunted for.  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Morgues full of bodies amid Yemen violence :: UN: 1000 killed, 150.000 displaced in Yemen violence :: Peaceful solution seemingly building to Yemen crisis :: Dozens of Houthis killed in Yemen battles :: Arab coalition strikes Yemen military camps :: Coalition ends military operation in Yemen :: Reports say ceasefire likely in Yemen soon :: Coalition launches 2nd stage of Yemen operation :: Battles continue in Yemen :: GCC preparing huge aid package to rebuild Yemen ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 11:06:12 AM GMT(+03) Tuesday, 18, December, 2012
 
 

Yemen Says Artillery Rockets Behind Explosion at Gas Pipeline

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Yemen said on Monday the explosion which hit the natural gas pipeline in southeastern Shabwa province was caused by an act of sabotage, not due to a previously reported pressure inside the pipeline.
The state news agency Saba quoted an investigate team as saying the pipeline was bombed by two artillery rockets and then natural gas leaked over 80 meters.
"The two rockets were placed at the pipeline leading to pressure inside it and then to the gas leak," the investigators were quoted as adding.
Yemen LNG confirmed on Sunday the sabotage of the 320-km pipeline, which links Block 18 in Marib to the Balhaf Liquefaction Plant in Shabwa. But its statement did not include details.
The pipeline has been repeatedly attacked this coinciding with repeated attacks on the country's oil pipelines since last year.
Two of the country's oil pipelines including the Marib-Ras Isa pipeline are still down after successive bombings early last month.
The authorities have been negotiating the tribes and signed an agreement with the elders to allow the teams in to fix the damages and to prevent more attacks on them.
Earlier, the teams fixed the Marib pipeline at some explosion sites but tribal saboteurs and suspected Al-Qaeda militants continued to blow up it forcing the army to launch an offensive against them.
The finance ministry has recently said the repeated attacks on the oil pipelines have been blamed for $500 million in lost revenues during the past nine months so far.
 

 

 

 

 


YEMEN POST STAFF

 

 
 
 
    - Ads- مادة إعلانية
  BY: Shaher Abdulhak Saleh
 
مبادرة: معا لتأييد ونشر الخير في اليمن
لنشر حملاتكم التي تبث في مصلحة الخير لليمن يرجى التواصل مع
شاهر عبدالحق صالح على العنوان التالي
together.good.yemen@gmail.com
 
Initiative: together to support and spread the good in Yemen
To publish your campaigns, which broadcasts in the interest of the good of Yemen please communicate with Shaher Abdulhak Saleh at the following address:
together.good.yemen@gmail.com

 

 

   
*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Morgues full of bodies amid Yemen violence
UN: 1000 killed, 150.000 displaced in Yemen violence
Peaceful solution seemingly building to Yemen crisis
Dozens of Houthis killed in Yemen battles
Arab coalition strikes Yemen military camps
Coalition ends military operation in Yemen
Reports say ceasefire likely in Yemen soon
Coalition launches 2nd stage of Yemen operation
Battles continue in Yemen
GCC preparing huge aid package to rebuild Yemen
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print Freinedly Version
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Yemen talks should begin after halt to violence
 Morgues full of bodies amid Yemen violence
 UN: 1000 killed, 150.000 displaced in Yemen violence
 Peaceful solution seemingly building to Yemen crisis
 Dozens of Houthis killed in Yemen battles
 Arab coalition strikes Yemen military camps
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2015    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink