Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES IMF gives Yemen $73.8 million in first amount of three-year loan :: Minister says situation at Sanaa airport stable, flights resume :: Son dies as bomb explodes in Yemen intelligence officer's car :: Houthi militants prevent students from study as they reject to evacuate schools in Yemen capital- organization :: Minister reveals that Houthis captured Sanaa with support from former regime :: Yemen protest against presence of Houthi militants continues in capital :: Yemeni government affirms commitment to peace deal terms :: Trade between Yemen, S. Korea reaches $1.6 billion in 2013, envoy :: Militants continue illegal acts as one says "only their Master's governance effective" :: Ahead of Eid, capital expected to be ghost city amid continued presence of militias ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 03:11:23 PM GMT(+03) Friday, 09, November, 2012
 
 

US Drone Operations Expanded to North Yemen; One Militant Killed in Sanaa

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

A US drone struck a suspected Al-Qaeda target in the Sanhan district southeast of Yemen's capital Sanaa on Wednesday night, tribal sources said.
The airstrike was reported in the village of Al-Sirain, they said.
"A US drone destroyed a car near the village killing a suspected Al-Qaeda operative and injuring another suspected militant," they said.
The killed was identified as Adnan Al-Qadi and the injured was taken to hospital, they continued.
It is the second time that US drones carry out airstrikes in northern Yemen since the US started to provide direct support to the country to fight AQAP and its offshoot militants in southern and southeastern regions.
Late last month, a US drone targeted a house of militants in Saada province on the border with Saudi Arabia killing at least four suspects.
The Yemeni army launched a US-backed offensive earlier this year driving Al-Qaeda militants out of their strongholds in Abyan and Shabwa provinces.
Hundreds of militants including senior leaders were killed, injured and arrested during the offensive.
Meanwhile, the US drones have been largely contributing to the war targeting key Al-Qaeda operatives and positions within the US direct support to hunt terrorists across the republic of Yemen.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Minister says situation at Sanaa airport stable, flights resume
Son dies as bomb explodes in Yemen intelligence officer's car
Houthi militants prevent students from study as they reject to evacuate schools in Yemen capital- organization
Minister reveals that Houthis captured Sanaa with support from former regime
Yemen protest against presence of Houthi militants continues in capital
Yemeni government affirms commitment to peace deal terms
Trade between Yemen, S. Korea reaches $1.6 billion in 2013, envoy
Militants continue illegal acts as one says "only their Master's governance effective"
Ahead of Eid, capital expected to be ghost city amid continued presence of militias
Car bombing targets Houthi militants in Northeast Yemen
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 IMF gives Yemen $73.8 million in first amount of three-year loan
 Minister says situation at Sanaa airport stable, flights resume
 Son dies as bomb explodes in Yemen intelligence officer's car
 Houthi militants prevent students from study as they reject to evacuate schools in Yemen capital- organization
 Minister reveals that Houthis captured Sanaa with support from former regime
 Yemen protest against presence of Houthi militants continues in capital
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink