Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Clarification on the CSR Program of 2014 in Block 10 Concession Area :: Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen :: Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office :: Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government :: Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions :: Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen :: JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen :: Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments :: Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold :: Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 05:32:31 PM GMT(+03) Saturday, 15, September, 2012
 
 

Yemeni official: DNA tests did not prove the killing of Al-Shihri

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

DNA tests have not proved the killing of Saeed al-Shehri, the number two leader of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, a Yemeni official told the London-based Al-Sharaq Al-Awsat Newspaepr.
The official who requested anonymity said that Al-Shihri was not killed in the attack that killed several al-Qaeda suspects last week.
The state news agency, Saba, said that a specialized medical team headed to Seyoon of Hadhramout to take samples of the persons who were killed in an air-strike.
The military-run 26 September Newspaper had said that al-Shihiri was killed, but the Interior Minister Abdul-Qader Qahatan said he had no confirmed information about his killing.
Al Shehri was said to have escaped death on September 20 last year when US drones carried out several air strikes on the village of al Mahfad in Abyan province in the south.
He was unleashed from Guantanamo in 2007 and was transferred to Saudi Arabia where he was put through a rehabilitation prgram.
But after completing the protram, Shehri disappeared and later resurfaced as the second man in AQAP, which has been repeatedly described by US officials as the most dangerous of the jihadist network's worldwide affiliates.An al-Qeada source denied the killing of al-Shihri and acknowledged that a number of the organization's operatives were killed in the attack. Washington, which has pursued a campaign of assassination by drone and missile against suspected Qaeda members, backed a military offensive in May to recapture areas of Abyan province.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen
Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office
Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government
Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions
Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen
JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen
Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments
Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold
Situation remains tense in Yemen Ibb city
New Saudi envoy reveals aid to Yemen as kingdom warns of threats
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Clarification on the CSR Program of 2014 in Block 10 Concession Area
 Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen
 Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office
 Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government
 Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions
 Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink