The Military Committee formed under the GCC-power has identified saboteurs of oil pipelines, affirming that they included military officers and a son of the former governor of Marib, Jubran Ali Al-Zaidi.
In a meeting held on Wednesday, the Military Committee discussed how to maintain security and safety and put and end to bombings of oil pipelines in Marib and Sana'a.
It spelt out efforts exerted in the hunt of saboteurs of oil pipelines, singling out that the sabotage acts against oil and gas pipelines largely damage Yemen's economy. It said it had confirmed information about the identities of the saboteurs, directing the security and military services to pursue them, arrest them and refer them to the justice system. They further demanded the concerned authorities to take the needed measures to freeze the companies and other assets of the saboteurs whether they are in Sana'a or other governorates.
The committee strongly denounced the sabotage acts that target the state and private institutions, in particular oil and gas pipeline, and electricity towers, asserting that it will not tolerate in the pursuit of criminals.
Furthermore, it reviewed what was achieved in opening blocked roads in a number of governorates, indicating that it will follow up commitments to pledges of all political sides.
The Marib pipeline, which carries crude from Marib and Shabwa to the Ras Isa terminal, was repeatedly attacked last year and this year, and negotiations and mediations to stop attacking it have failed several times.
Local officials have said the repairs of Marib pipelines are expected to be completed this week.