Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture The first of a hundred steps is now complete. We salute those who helped the NDC become the road map for the future Yemen. Strides of success were made, but the real test awaits us all. Will the government deliver and turn ink on paper into reality?  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Hadi vows strict measures to punish those attempting to destabilize Yemen :: CBY Governor: Fiscal situation stable after reforms in Yemen :: G10 Ambassadors in Yemen Demand Houthi to Respect law :: Yemen forces on high alert as militants rally on outskirts of capital :: For fifth successive year, China ranks as first trade partner with Yemen in 2013 :: Yemen President intensifies meeting with aides, formes new committee on Saada :: Britain first EU country to advise nationals to leave Yemen :: MP Hamid Al-Ahmer, Benomar discuss political developments in Yemen :: IFJ calls for urgent measures to protect Yemeni Journalists :: National Authority for Monitoring the implementation of NDC Outcomes Working groups Resume Work ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 10:12:16 PM GMT(+03) Monday, 28, May, 2012
 
 

Six Al-Qaeda suspects killed in Hadhramout

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Six Al-Qaeda suspects were killed Monday in an raid in Al-Mukla of the southeastern governorate of Hadhramout, local sources said.
While the sources said that militants were killed by a US drone strike, other sources said they were hit by a missile fired from a ship off Yemen's shore.
The sources said that the suspects were on a vehicle at Broom area of Al-Mukla, pointing out that the vehicle came from Azan, a town of Shabowa governorate which was declared by Al-Qaeda as an Islamic Emirate.
Two Senior Al-Qaida leaders escaped an airstrike which killed three militants in Yemen on Monday in Al-Baidha governorate.
Ansar Al-Sharia, an Al-Qaeda-linked group said Qaid Al-Dhahab, an Al-Qaeda leader in Al-Baidha, escaped the raid and that two civilians who were not connected to Al-Qaeda were killed. Al-Qaeda militants took over Rada'a of Al-Baidha, but they withdraw after a tribal mediation managed to persuade them to withdraw in return for releasing some imprisoned Al-Qaeda operatives from the authorities' jails.
A leader of Al-Qaeda in Al-Baidha, Tariq Al-Dhahab, was killed by a half-brother in Rada'a town early of 2012.
U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta defended on Sunday drone strikes in Yemen as a measure "to defend and protect the United States of America."
Meanwhile, the Yemeni army continue its offensive against Al-Qaeda strongholds in Zinjibar and Jaar of Abyan.
Local sources said the army holds most parts of Zinjibar, the capital of Abyan province, which fell to al-Qaida last year. They say 48 hours of fierce fighting left 22 militants and nine soldiers dead.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Yemen President intensifies meeting with aides, formes new committee on Saada
Britain first EU country to advise nationals to leave Yemen
Hadi vows strict measures to punish those attempting to destabilize Yemen
G10 Ambassadors in Yemen Demand Houthi to Respect law
Yemen forces on high alert as militants rally on outskirts of capital
MP Hamid Al-Ahmer, Benomar discuss political developments in Yemen
IFJ calls for urgent measures to protect Yemeni Journalists
National Authority for Monitoring the implementation of NDC Outcomes Working groups Resume Work
Houthis seek next Islamic Revolution in Yemen 35 years after Irans revolution
Military Breaks up Al-Qaeda-Linked Terror Cell in Hadramout
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 For fifth successive year, China ranks as first trade partner with Yemen in 2013
 Yemen President intensifies meeting with aides, formes new committee on Saada
 Britain first EU country to advise nationals to leave Yemen
 Hadi vows strict measures to punish those attempting to destabilize Yemen
 Analysts say Houthi rebels seek power under change slogans
 CBY Governor: Fiscal situation stable after reforms in Yemen
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink