Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture In a couple of months, closed door meetings for Hadi will be limited..... Foreign embassy searches not ruled out.... Foreign censorship halted..... Yemenis linked with foreign intelligence hunted for.  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Yemen Socialist, Nasserite Parties set conditions for participation in new government :: Yemen to include Houthi militants in police departments :: Yemeni factions agree to form government of technocrats, no more quotas :: Yemen arrests leader, four members of AQAP :: Yemen launches first conference on anti-juvenile death penalty :: Yemen officials & businessmen owe $500 million in electricity fees :: Total’s Board of Directors pays homage to Christophe de Margerie; organizes Group’s new governance :: UN Adviser Jamal Benomar urges acceleration of new Yemen government :: Presidency denies reports on deals for sovereign portfolios :: Tribes regain parts of Manaseh after battles with Houthi militants ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 05:01:29 PM GMT(+03) Tuesday, 28, September, 2010
 
 

5 Militants Dead and 32 Suspects Arrested during Operations against Al-Qaeda in Shabwa – Official

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Five militants and two soldiers were killed and 32 suspects arrested during the operations against Al-Qaeda in Yemen’s Southeastern Shabwa Province last week, a local source said on Monday.
Few days after the cleanup operations in Al-Hawta town, the authorities defused three mines at the gate of the town and seized an explosives-laden car which was prepared for a suicide attack by Al-Qaeda, the source said.
Explosives, dynamite detonators and RPGs as well as documents of the car’s owner who came from Hadramout Province were found inside the car.
Meanwhile, the families which fled the fighting have started to return to their homes coinciding with the withdrawal of the forces.
Apart from the topic, the Interior Ministry ordered on Monday to tighten security in the capital Sana’a, urging the security authorities to intensify patrols and increase checkpoints amid the hunt for suspects in the attack on a bus carrying political security personnel two days ago.
It also urged the authorities to stay on high alert to face possible attacks and arrest suspects and wanted criminals.
Policemen at checkpoints must check cars and IDs well, and cooperate with the Central Security, Police Rescue, Criminal Investigative Department and Counterterrorism Unit to hunt suspects and dangerous criminals, it said.
One soldier was killed and ten others were injured in the attack on the bus while distributing agents at their workplaces.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Yemeni factions agree to form government of technocrats, no more quotas
Yemen arrests leader, four members of AQAP
Yemen launches first conference on anti-juvenile death penalty
Yemen Socialist, Nasserite Parties set conditions for participation in new government
Yemen to include Houthi militants in police departments
Yemen officials & businessmen owe $500 million in electricity fees
UN Adviser Jamal Benomar urges acceleration of new Yemen government
Presidency denies reports on deals for sovereign portfolios
Tribes regain parts of Manaseh after battles with Houthi militants
Battles between AQAP, Houthi militants continue in central Yemen
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Yemeni factions agree to form government of technocrats, no more quotas
 Yemen arrests leader, four members of AQAP
 Yemen launches first conference on anti-juvenile death penalty
 Yemen Socialist, Nasserite Parties set conditions for participation in new government
 Yemen to include Houthi militants in police departments
 Yemen officials & businessmen owe $500 million in electricity fees
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink