The authorities in Yemen's capital Sanaa on Tuesday identified one of the two terrorists who were killed while attempting to attack the residence of a senior military chief, the Saba news agency reported.
It quoted a security official as saying the body of Emad Ahmed Mohammed Ismail Shas has been already identified. Shas was the Emir of Al-Qaeda's state in Sanaa and had been involved in acts of terror including targeted killings and bombings within cells and under fake names, it said.
The two were killed while they were attempting to attack the residence of chief of the third presidency protection brigade in Al-Ziraah street.
Since it fell in hands of the Houthi militants in late 2014, the capital Sanaa has seen a wave of deadly bombings and assassinations.
ISIS and Al-Qaeda claimed most of the attacks targeting mosques, headquarters and buildings run by Houthi officials and fans.
Taking advantage of security vacuum amid the ten-months conflict , the two militant groups have also been expanding in many parts of Yemen including the temporary capital of Aden and the oil-rich province of Hadramout.
They have been responsible for deadly blasts, gunfights with the forces and targeted killings.
Meanwhile, the battles between the government and Houthi forces continued coinciding with fresh airstrikes by the Saudi-led airstrikes in several provinces today.
In the past 24 hours, the coalition, which has been bombing Yemen since March, intensified airstrikes in Sanaa.
Dozens were killed and injured in the raids on police facilities which are located near densely populated areas, authorities said.