Ministry of Health and population announced Saturday discovery of 20 new swine flu cases bringing the total number of patients infected with this communicable virus to 89 in Yemen, official sources reported.
A spokesman for the Supreme National Committee to combat swine flu, Dr. Abdul Karim Al-Kuhlani said 36 cases have recovered, one case has passed away and the rest of cases are in stable condition.
All the new 20 cases were Yemenis including two who came back from abroad. 18 of the newly-registered patients had been in close contact with previously recorded cases. Two cases had no record of mingling with other swine flu patients.
The new patients have been subjected to treatment at hospitals with the necessary medications; Dr. Al-Kuhlani said, adding that hospitals in the country remain on stand-by to deal with any suspicious cases.