Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture In a couple of months, closed door meetings for Hadi will be limited..... Foreign embassy searches not ruled out.... Foreign censorship halted..... Yemenis linked with foreign intelligence hunted for.  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Yemen Socialist, Nasserite Parties set conditions for participation in new government :: Yemen to include Houthi militants in police departments :: Yemeni factions agree to form government of technocrats, no more quotas :: Yemen arrests leader, four members of AQAP :: Yemen launches first conference on anti-juvenile death penalty :: Yemen officials & businessmen owe $500 million in electricity fees :: Total’s Board of Directors pays homage to Christophe de Margerie; organizes Group’s new governance :: UN Adviser Jamal Benomar urges acceleration of new Yemen government :: Presidency denies reports on deals for sovereign portfolios :: Tribes regain parts of Manaseh after battles with Houthi militants ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 06:22:31 PM GMT(+03) Tuesday, 06, August, 2013
 
 

US citizens are evacuated as drones move in

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

With all intelligence and security services on the highest alert in Yemen, the US issued a stern warning to all its citizens, urging all to "immediately" leave the country amid fears of an imminent terror attack.
The new statement came amid reports the US military is already organizing the evacuation of all its non-essential diplomatic staff.
“The department urges US citizens to defer travel to Yemen and those U.S. citizens currently living in Yemen to depart immediately. As staff levels at the Embassy are restricted, our ability to assist US citizens in an emergency and provide routine consular services remains limited and may be further constrained by the fluid security situation. The security threat level in Yemen is extremely high," read Tuesday State Department report.
US officials in Washington told NBC news that a US Air Force C-17 transport plane carrying some American government personnel had already taken off from Yemen.
British officials also confirmed that they too were taking increased security measures.“Due to increased security concerns, all staff in our Yemen embassy have been temporarily withdrawn, and the embassy will remain closed until staff are able to return,” a Foreign Office spokesman told the press earlier this Tuesday.
A report from the British Foreign Office urged all British nationals to leave Yemen while they could. “If you don’t leave the country now while commercial carriers are still flying it is extremely unlikely that the British government will be able to evacuate you or provide consular assistance."
As alerts continue to roll in, adding to the sense of anxiety, Yemenis have turned to the skies, looking apprehensively as drones have been spotted throughout the morning and early afternoon, hovering above the capital, Sana'a.
For the first time, Sana'a residents are faced with the very real possibility that a drone could unleash death from above without a second hesitation.

 

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Yemeni factions agree to form government of technocrats, no more quotas
Yemen arrests leader, four members of AQAP
Yemen launches first conference on anti-juvenile death penalty
Yemen Socialist, Nasserite Parties set conditions for participation in new government
Yemen to include Houthi militants in police departments
Yemen officials & businessmen owe $500 million in electricity fees
UN Adviser Jamal Benomar urges acceleration of new Yemen government
Presidency denies reports on deals for sovereign portfolios
Tribes regain parts of Manaseh after battles with Houthi militants
Battles between AQAP, Houthi militants continue in central Yemen
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Yemeni factions agree to form government of technocrats, no more quotas
 Yemen arrests leader, four members of AQAP
 Yemen launches first conference on anti-juvenile death penalty
 Yemen Socialist, Nasserite Parties set conditions for participation in new government
 Yemen to include Houthi militants in police departments
 Yemen officials & businessmen owe $500 million in electricity fees
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink