Advertise   Subscribe Contact Yemen Post
 
About Us   Our Mission Terms & Services
Yemen Post Newspaper Logo  
Editor Picture In a couple of months, closed door meetings for Hadi will be limited..... Foreign embassy searches not ruled out.... Foreign censorship halted..... Yemenis linked with foreign intelligence hunted for.  
Hakim Almasmari  
 Publisher & Editor in Chief   
  Email the Editor
Advanced Search
HOME EDITORIAL LOCAL INTERVIEW REPORT POLITICS BUSINESS HEALTH YEMEN IN THE NEWS MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL ARCHIVE
LATEST UPDATES Houthis inspect US Embassy packages :: Press Release: U.S. Embassy Presents Yemen Customs Authority with Inspection Equipment :: Clarification on the CSR Program of 2014 in Block 10 Concession Area :: Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen :: Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office :: Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government :: Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions :: Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen :: JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen :: Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments ::
BREAKING NEWS
z
LOCAL
Last updated: 12:14:50 AM GMT(+03) Wednesday, 06, March, 2013
 
 

South Yemen is still striking

 
*
 Yemen Post Staff

Following repeated calls from al-Harak - Southern Secessionist Movement - residents in Brega, a suburb of Aden (southern seaport and former capital of South Yemen) reported all access to the city had been barricaded by separatists militants and all activities brough to a halt.
In Mansoura and Sheikh Othman, districts of Aden, residents said militants cut down the roads with burning tires, urging all southerners to join in the fight against the central government.
A school teacher in Sheikh Othman who had to stay home by fear of violence said tensions were palpable in the air. "With all this talk of secession and armed struggle how can we not be worry. All we want really is to get on with our lives and the state to provide a safe future for our children with equal opportunities, " said Aneesa.
Aziza Kulaib in Crater said the streets were now abuzz with Yemen coming National Dialogue Conference (due to kick off on March 18th) with Haraki militants arguing what future lied ahead for the country.
"It is quite clear something will have to happen, whether secession or federalism, but something has to give, we cannot live under continual fear. Yemen as a country needs to move forward."
Hassan an Egyptian national working as an electrician engineer for a local company told the Yemen Post security measures had been hiked up throughout the city, with armored vehicles stationed at many checkpoints and the presence of fully geared security personnel.
With only 12 days to go before Yemen National Conference security officials in Sana'a, the capital confirmed President Abdo Rabbo Mansour Hadi was determined to remain in control of the situation and prevent any new spike in violence.
In the provinces of Lahj and Hadhramawt separatists also organized streets blockades, calling citizens to exert pressure on officials for the release of all southern political prisoners.
Yahia Ghalib Shuaibi, a Haraki leader, told the press on Wednesday the calls for civil disobedience were prompted by the arrests of southern leaders and raids against their homes by the government.

 

 

 

 


*
Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
 
 
MORE LOCAL
 
Houthis inspect US Embassy packages
Press Release: U.S. Embassy Presents Yemen Customs Authority with Inspection Equipment
Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen
Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office
Houthi Militant Group rejects participation in Yemen government
Reports reveal deal to seize cities as Security Council prepares for Yemen sanctions
Houthi militants attack checkpoint killing officer, soliders in central Yemen
JMP: No government participation if factions not equally represented in Yemen
Yemeni factions to hold Brussels conference to salvage transition accomplishments
Dozens of Houthi killed in two days in AQAP Yemen stronghold
 
 
Comments
 
Leave a Comment
Comment will be published once it has been approved by our moderators.
Name:
Title:
Comment:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Yemen Post may edit comments for length and clarity but will not change the tone of the message. Comments will only be accepted if all fields (including name) are filled correctly and the message isn't abusive, defamatory or offensive. All comments sent may be forwarded for use in the Yemen Post newspaper.
Article Tools
Email this Article Email this article
Print Friendly Version Print
Email this Article Email the Editor
 
Most popular
 Houthis and Foreign Policy Changes in Yemen (2015 & Beyond)
 Houthis inspect US Embassy packages
 Press Release: U.S. Embassy Presents Yemen Customs Authority with Inspection Equipment
 Houthi scarecrow can't hide post-Arab Spring game in Yemen
 Clarification on the CSR Program of 2014 in Block 10 Concession Area
 Yemen to release 64 Egyptian fishermen
 Militants break into Yemen Interior Ministry, shut office
 
Services
  Letters to the Editor
  Dear President
  Advertise
  Subscribe
  Submit Your Articles
  Classified
  Readers' Letters
 

 
Quick poll
Do you think President Hadi is building the base to rule Yemen for many years?

VOTE  OR SEE POLL RESULTS
 

   
   
   
© Yemen Post. All Rights Reserved 2007- 2014    

 Designed and developed by
  HyperLink