Yemen has tightened security around foreign embassies and organizations in the capital Sanaa as a precaution to face expected attacks, almost a week after mobs stormed the US embassy to protest a film offending the Prophet Muhammad.
The interior ministry said on Thursday it has increased the number of guards and patrols at all foreign embassies and agencies and urged the security systems to stay on high alert to prevent security breaches at them.
Separately, the Military Prosecution will start next Saturday investigations of tens of soldiers and civilians who raided the defense ministry in downtown Sanaa last month, the September 26 website reported Thursday.
"The Military Prosecution has already received those involved in the attack and their tools to investigate them as a prelude to refer them to the court," the website quoted a well-informed source as saying.
83 soldiers and 8 civilians were arrested in connection with the attack on the ministry, it said, adding that 25 officers and soldiers involved in the attack are still at large and three of the civilians were released on bail.
This year, policemen also stormed and looted the interior ministry's HQ exploiting fragile security at a time when Yemen is implementing a power-transfer deal that was reached after the 2011 unrest.
The deal was brokered by the GCC and backed by the West and saw the long-time president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, relinquish power after 33 years in office.