President Abdu Rabo Mansour Hadi has revealed terrorist plans to explode car bombs in populous areas in some major cities, the state news agency, Saba, said.
In a meeting with members of the Shoura Council on Sunday, Hadi said that terrorist plans were disclosed, pointing out that the plans aimed to carry out terrorist acts in Sana'a, Aden and Hadhramout.
Hadi called all Yemenis to be alert, pointing out that such terrorist acts will impact on Yemen's image internally and externally in case they are carried out.
According to Saba, Hadi said that a number of oil and mineral firms were affected by terror in Yemen, pointing out that al-Qaeda exploits young persons and give them fake and false promises.
He reaffirmed that Yemen faces political, economic and security crises, urging the members of Shura Council to use their knowledge and experience to contribute in solving Yemen's problems.
Meanwhile, the president uncovered that the suicide bomber that carried out a terrorist bombing against a rehearsal parade at Al-Sabeen Square was a son of a colonel at Yemen's air forces.
About 100 soldiers were killed and hundreds more were wounded in the suicide bombing occurred on May 21.
Interior Ministry had stated that it will declare outcomes of the bombing, but no results were declared so far.
Al-Qaida's branch in Yemen claimed responsibility for the bombing, saying that the suicide attack was intended to avenge a U.S.-backed offensive against al-Qaida in southern towns seized by the militant movement last year.