The Yemeni authorities said on Tuesday the Marib oil pipeline has resumed pumping crude and revealed plans to protect the pipeline from more attacks.
The Marib pipeline was subject to many attacks last year and this year and its shutdown since October cost the country $4 billion, officials said.
The last repairs to the pipeline were completed on Sunday and pumping crude from Marib and Shabwa provinces has already started, officials told the Yemen Post on Tuesday.
The 438-km pipeline carries about 110,000 barrels a day to the Ras Isa terminal and its shutdown has also been blamed for shortages.
Tribes in Marib continued to disrupt the repairs to the pipeline in the past adding to the country's woes after the national economy was largely affected by the 2011 events.
The four companies including the state-owned SEPOC, which transport their production via the pipeline, resumed their activities immediately after completing the repairs, in a move which comes ahead of Ramadan, the month of fasting to ensure supply of fuel, the officials added.
Tribesmen and militants usually attack Yemen's oil and gas pipelines and they go unpunished, triggering criticism about the government's attitude toward the saboteurs.
The officials said a special plan has now been drawn up to protect this key pipeline by the security authorities in coordination with the local government.