The Military Committee on Wednesday said it has taken measures over the issue of the revolutionaries who were detained during the 2011 popular uprising in Yemen, five days before liaison committees meet with the youth-led protesters to convince them to participate in a comprehensive national dialogue.
It said suitable measures have been taken over this issue, but did not give details, according to Saba. The statement came in reply to the note of the human rights ministry which pointed to the detention of youth protesters by some authorities last year, Saba said.
In its meeting, the committee, , which was formed after the 2011 unrest to maintain security and restore stability, discussed the ministry's note submitted upon demands from the ministry's legal panel inside the change and freedom squares, the agency said.
Youth-led protesters, who have refused to leave their squares until the goals of the revolution were met, have staged many demonstrations to protest the disappearance of revolutionaries and demand their immediate release. They claimed some revolutionaries disappeared and arbitrary detention occured last year, accusing security systems loyal to the ex-regime of involvement in that.
At the meeting, the committee ordered to evacuate all troops and armed tribesmen from all houses, villages, roads and farms in the districts of Arhab and Bani Jarmouz outside the capital Sanaa, Saba said. The two areas have been heavily destroyed and thousands of locals displaced due to sporadic shelling by the army. The army has been shelling these areas since tribes tried to take over military posts last year.
The order was within the efforts of the Military Committee to reopen the Sanaa-Marib road, the agency said.
The committee decided to continue removing all security disorders and armed scenes in the Hai Sofan area in Sanaa, where fierce battles took place between the army and tribesmen.