Yemen LNG confirmed a restart of normal operations after repairing its feed pipeline, which has been attacked several times Since the March end, it said in a statement late on Wednesday.
Al-Qaida militants attacked the pipeline, which transports natural gas from Marib province to the Balhaf LNG plant in Shabwa three times, the latest earlier this month after a previous attack on April 26.
The company cancelled six LNG cargoes after the March 30 attack and according to informed sources two shipments are exported a week.
Al-Qaida, which has been fighting the armed forces in the south since they seized key towns in mid-2011, bombed the pipeline in retaliation for attacks including those by the US drones against its members.
Total has a 39.62% in the Yemen LNG project and its partners included state and foreign companies. The project exports about 6.7 metric tonnes of LNG a year, mainly to Asia.
Separately, Saudi Arabia has decided to finance urgent power projects help Yemen overcome electricity deficit.
Electricity minister, Saleh Sumai, said the Saudi kingdom pledged to provide about $72 million for these urgent projects amid persistent attacks on power supply lines causing long blackouts, in most cases more than 20 hours a day. Many cities have been plunged into darkness since a popular uprising erupted in early 2011.
In response to the sabotage attacks, the government has ordered to punish those involved and Sumai said three persons will be put on trial on charges related to attacks on the power supply lines in Marib province.
At the meeting of Friends of Yemen on Wednesday, Saudi Arabia pledged more than $3.2 billion in aid to Yemen. The aid will cover several areas, but priority will be given to the development process in the country.