Yemen said on Tuesday that the total of those who have become infected with the pandemic of swine flu, commonly known as H1N1, has reached 3491 people.
The surge, mostly in the few last months, was revealed by Minister of Public Health and Population as he presented his report to the Cabinet weekly meeting held on Tuesday.
Most of the cases, about 2834, were said to have recovered and the rest are still receiving treatment.
Meanwhile, teams on the flu particularly those at the schools, universities and institutes are continuing monitoring the development of the pandemic at the local and central levels.
The areas where cases were detected are a special focus.
Yemen so far has reported more than 17 deaths from the flu.
It reported the first case in June and the flu continued to surge rapidly in recent months.